Tuesday 5 April 2011

I thought hard about whom I’d like my target audience to be. My final outcomes were aimed to be consumed/viewed by a certain niche audience. The same audience that would be attracted to such abstract fashion editorials such as I.D magazine, Dazed and Confused and Pop magazine. Such editorials focus more on narrative using a more radical approach, showing the garments in a light in which they would not be perceived in more high end and mainstream magazines such as Vogue, Harpers and Grazia. This was less about fashion and promoting products and more about narrative. For the photoshoot I had to think carefully about the choice of model, the clothing worn, exposure, lighting, scale, camera angle, positioning and stance of model, in which to create the appropriate end result that could be featured in such avant-garde editorials. I decided the story, made storyboards, did lots of research on location, props were made, and constructed, clothes and models/actors had to be decided on. I had an extra pair of hands to help me with lighting and production on the day. It was careful consideration of each of these elements that led to my successful outcome as well as expose my own knowledge of connotative meaning to create an image that had depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment