Tuesday 5 April 2011

Figure 3/4/ are my own work I directed, styled and photographed my own photoshoot in response to the brief ‘Narrative’. I focused on the theme of ‘Eternal Youth’, based on JM Barry’s Peter Pan. To re-enforce my vision I also I also made a short piece of film to back up my photography and give the viewers a real insight as to what I was thinking in creation. Within this I made 3D props and created two sets in the theme of ‘Peter Pan and the lost boys’, in empty spaces. The sets were made to look as magical and childlike as possible, I wanted this to be a place of magical sanctuary to escape in, along with the idea that it was somewhere children will never grow up, a secure environment. Taking the brief title of narrative into account I had to give the viewer a true feeling of the story. This links to Roland Barthes’ theory of the ‘Semantic Code’. This theory outlines the relationship between the denotative meanings of subjects in comparison to their connotative meanings.

No comments:

Post a Comment